Within the heart of basic and clinical biomedical research lies the need for carefully gathering data ,analyse & interpret it in order to validate the stated objectives of a research study.
This workshop is aimed at familiarising participants with the potential applications of this powerful statistical analysis and data management system. To understand the introduction and description of data and to explore the common descriptive and inferential statistical analyses with Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS). This is a hands-on computer based course that also assumes some knowledge of the Windows environment
At the end of workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe different types of variables, descriptive and inferential statistics
- Create SPSS ﬁle for given data set
- Change variables in SPSS
- Use SPSS for descriptive statistics
- Use SPSS for inferential statistics (paired and unpaired t test and chi2 test)
- Computer / laptop for each participant
- SPSS software installed
Duration: 3 Hours
– Holy Family Hospital, Rawalpindi
– Civil Hospital, Karachi
– Medical Nutrition Association, Colombo.